Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Looking Back on 2010

Okay, I confess: I stole the idea from my friend Natalie's blog and loved it. So here they are, my Top 10 (+1) Favorites Pics of 2010.

1/2010: Elise falls in love with her blanket. It's been called different things at different times this year: "Night Night" and "Banket" are her two favorites. But just ask Sean: do NOT think she'll go to bed without it! :)

3/10: During a Trip to Branson Landing, I got this great snapshot of Elise walking with her Daddy. She looks so small here--what a difference a year makes!

4/10: This is one of my all-time favorite pics of Elise and I. She's almost-grinning and her curls are very visible. And I just got my hair done :)

5/10: Every year since Elise was born, we take a Mother's Day pic with Amanda, Rhonda, Elise, and Sean. This was the pic for 2010 and it turned out pretty good!

5/10: This isn't the greatest of everyone, but it has everyone in it :) We traveled to Omaha to see Brooke graduate from HS. Elise was well-behaved during graduation, and that made me happy!

6/10: It is often a challenge to get these three cousins together and smiling in one shot. Here, they were playing in the dirt at the annual family reunion, and I got two out of three smiles. Not bad.

9/10: Elise is in love with her new baby cousin: Link Ray Collins. So are the rest of us!

9/10: This isn't the greatest pic of the three of them, but they were distracted by elephants :) I love what this pic represents, though: Elise's first trip to the zoo (which she loved), her first stay in a hotel (which Mommy and Daddy DIDN'T love because she wouldn't sleep for the excitement of sleeping in bed with us), and a great trip with Pa-poo and Kathy!

10/10: Elise's first dance. Her and Popa had a great time dancing around the dance floor at Aunt Lori's 50th Birthday party!

12/10: TWO YEARS OLD?! How did that happen? I can't believe I am the mother of a child who is 2 years old. God has richly blessed me.

12/10: Elise might sometimes get jealous of her cousin Link, but she does love him a lot and will just have to learn to share her Mammy!

Here's looking forward to a WONDERFUL 2011 with lots of love, blessings, and surprises!

1 comment:

Frank and Natalie said...

What a fun year! I loved looking through your pictures.