Sunday, September 11, 2011

Branson Trip Part 2

Day two of the Branson trip was a bit of a let-down, to tell you the truth. We went to the Butterfly Palace. We thought Elise would LOVE it. She is a fan of bugs, and we went to a smaller-scale exhibit at the STL Zoo last year with PaPoo and Kathy that she really enjoyed.
However, she was NOT a big fan of the butterflies at the Butterfly Palace. She was okay as long as they stayed very far away from her. If they came anywhere remotely close to her, she'd flip out.
I was able to get some deceptively cute pics while we were there, but she seriously didn't have very much fun. We were there about an hour, and then she said she was ready to go.
I would like to say that in no way was the actual Butterfly Palace a let-down. It was a neat place to visit. They had a mirror maze, a jungle maze, a room of jungle lizards, frogs, and the like, all in addition to the Butterfly Palace.
As far as Branson attractions go, it was relatively inexpensive. I got a discount for having a SDC season pass, and Elise was free, so we only spent $40. Sadly, that was $40 for ONE HOUR, thanks to our little scaredy-cat!

Sean had the camera on zoom, so he didn't get much of her face in this pic, but you can see the terror in the upper-left corner of the pic. The other bad thing: the butterflies REALLY liked Elise. We think it is because we had pancakes before we went and knowing Elise she had half-a-bottle of syrup on her shirt.


A bummer end, but overall a GREAT family vacation! Since I have a season pass, we'll be hitting up SDC one more time this year: I can't wait to see Elise's reaction to the Christmas Lights!

No comments: