I've been thinking for a while that I need to take the time and write down some of the hilarious things that this ham has been saying/doing in the last few months. I am finally taking the time this evening to do it!
The last few months have easily been my favorite so far with Elise. She was a gorgeous baby to cuddle, and she was super-fun to watch as she learned all sorts of great new things, but let me tell you: seeing her come into her opinionated little self in the last few months have been the best! I can't wait to see what the next few months have in store as she officially becomes a big sister (when the little peanut/lemon/bean, depending on who you are pops out).
Some of the more hilarious things:
Some of the more hilarious things:
- When you ask her about Mommy's protruding belly, Elise will inform you that "It is a baby, a girl baby, and her name is Mella". We have no idea where Mella came from, or even where the notion of the baby being a girl came from, since she told us in the beginning it was a brother. I think she's just playing both sides of the fence (wisely).
- Elise, just like her Daddy, has taken to quoting movies. She also loves to dance to "Kung Fu Fighting" while singing that phrase over and over and putting on some moves.
- When Elise came out of Sunday school this past Sunday, she proudly told her Poppy "I talked to Jesus today." When Poppy asked if she'd teach him how, she said "You can't talk to him."
- She is very big on bowing. She insists on walking up to communion on her own so that she can bow, and she also likes to bow after she sings a song. If you don't clap for the little diva, she will be sure to let you know you forgot. It's a good thing she got TWO microphones for Christmas. She uses them.
- When she leaves someone's house, particularly her grandparents', she will say "they miss me," trying to guilt us into taking her back.
- She also uses "I miss you" on Mommy or Daddy when she doesn't want to go to bed or take a bath (she'll wrap her arms around you and pout--she's getting good with manipulation). To a working parent already struggling with separation guilt, this is particularly effective (but only for a minute).
- Finally, that girl is good at pretend. I have tried a few times to sneakily catch her on video during one of her "play conversations", but I've been unsuccessful. The funniest one recently: she was playing with Snow White and Prince Charming. 'Snow White' said "I love you, Will". When I asked her if Prince Charming was Will, she got all embarrassed and said "NO, Mom." (she is good at talking to me like I'm an idiot, too). By the way, Will is one of our best friends, and she has a major crush on him.
I hope you enjoyed a few of these--typing them doesn't really do them justice, but I want to remember them in the future! These things tend to slip the mind, and while I doubt I'll forget how funny she was at this age, it will be nice to be able to read her examples!
No comments:
Post a Comment