Friday, July 27, 2012

Erin Adele Jackson

Erin Adele Jackson was born on July 12, 2012 at 12:26pm. She weighed 8lbs, 6oz, and was 20 in long. Erin's birth story is so much more pleasant than Elise's, I am pleased to report.
We arrived at the hospital at 10:30am and they began prepping me for surgery. My nursing staff was really great and the whole process was really relaxing and pleasant (aside from one minor issue with my IV--I am a rough patient to stick because of my small veins). At exactly noon, they wheeled me back for surgery. Sean was in there with me as soon as they finished administering my block, and held my hand the whole time this time. I was so excited to see Erin the minute after she was born (my first words were "She's got such chubby cheeks!"), and I think Sean was glad to be able to be a part of it all this time, too.
My hospital stay was exhausting, but way better than my stay with Elise. My nurses were good, the food was good, and I didn't feel overwhelmed with everything, nor did I feel drugged up the whole time. A planned C-section was WAY easier for me. But, as you can see from the pic, I was still a new mom and with that comes that look of bone-tiredness. I was super-excited on Saturday to discover that one of the nurses taking care of Elise in the nursery was none other than my old friend Shelly! That was a fun surprise!
Sean's time while I was in the hospital was no doubt a little less exhausting--we decided to have him stay with Elise on Thursday so as not to disrupt her schedule too much, so he went home that night. Friday night she stayed with MawMaw because Sean actually worked on Saturday. We decided that since I'd still be in the hospital and have all that help, that would be one more day he could take off when I got home and really needed him. I was a little nervous about that, but it turned out great (he even got to come visit me with the crew on Sat) and he was still there first thing Sunday morning to bring us home.
I was thrilled that we had Elise come to the hospital with Sean on Sunday to help bring Erin and me home. She felt like such a good big sister and was a great help. She adores Erin and so far there has been very little jealousy. She mostly just gets mad when she wants to hold Erin and we're busy doing something else with her. Hopefully this adoration continues for the years to come!
To prove that Elise really does adore Erin, here is photographic evidence: Elise rarely shared her blanket with anyone under any circumstances. But while she was holding Erin one morning, she grabbed her blanket and wrapped Erin up with it! I was in such shock I almost didn't think to take a pic! (Glad I did, though!)

Erin was 2 weeks old yesterday, and while she is still figuring out how to sleep at night, and is a ravenous little thing at times (the pediatrician assures us this is normal and we should feed her when she acts hungry even if it has only been 30 mins), she is overall a pretty good baby. We are so blessed to have our two beautiful daughters, and are so thankful to all our friends and family who have sent their well wishes, brought food, or just stopped by to hold the baby or entertain Elise!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Perfect Linds! Your girls are absolutely perfect. So happy for you all!