Friday, August 31, 2012

Elise "playing mom"

Elise is always watching and learning. Since her sister arrived, she's been "playing mom" a bit. She likes to give Erin her bottle, she is great at comforting her when she cries, and she is a champ at helping Erin get her pacifier.
You have to look very closely, but this is Elise "pumping". Sean was cracking up in the living room, and I heard him ask Elise if she was being Mommy. She told him no, but he insisted I come in to see what she was doing. This is what I found. I am sure in about 15 years she will kill me for this picture, but I just had to take it!
Tonight, she told me she wanted to make a bed for herself in the floor. I told her to go for it while I was making dinner. Erin was on a blanket in the floor, so she made her bed right next to her. Then she decided that Erin needed a bed, too. She went and got another blanket to cover her up with.
This isn't an example of Elise playing mom, but I wanted to share it--she got a big girl bike! She was so thrilled to get it and her new helmet. She's still figuring it all out, and is so cautious on it that she uses the brakes more than she pedals, but she still asks to ride it all the time. It was her "big" summer present--since her birthday falls in December, I feel bad for her and like to get her a summer present so she doesn't have to go 11 mos without presents. I am kind of a sucker like that :)

No comments: