Tuesday, March 12, 2013

New Job Update

 By popular request (okay, just Natalie asked for it, but maybe the rest of my small blog-following is interested as well??) here is an update on my new job!

I started January 21st.  It's been a whirlwind of fun and excitement since then!  My new job is for a company called Environmental Works.  Check out their website at www.environmentalworks.com.  They do a wide variety of things, well beyond the scope of what the website details.  It's amazing.  The people have been phenomenal so far--everyone was very welcoming and the technical staff is very patient with their HR Manager who has absolutely no idea what the acronyms they pepper into conversation mean!  I've been learning so many interesting things, and I've really enjoyed it.  It's always thrilling for me to dive into a new industry, while keeping up with HR implications in that industry.  And with that comment, I've put a few of you to sleep, I know!

 My ID Photo

EWI has an office in Kansas City in the River Market district as well, so I've already logged some miles between here and there.  I've enjoyed every trip up there so far.  I've stayed overnight once--the other trips have just been day trips (though I am scheduled for another overnight on Thursday).  I love KC, and have many friends that I love whom I've been able to visit when I go to KC for work, so that's been nice.  They're also working on getting a STL office up and running, though that is likely a year or more out from actually getting off the ground, and I don't anticipate any trips up that direction any time soon.

All in all, I think I made the right move coming to EWI, and I am excited to see what the future holds for me in this fast-growing company!

1 comment:

Frank and Natalie said...

YAH! So glad you are enjoying your new job. Thanks for the update.