Tuesday, April 16, 2013

April Musings

 Look at that cute little duckie!  Poor Erin had been using a hooded towel since birth that said "Elise" on it.  Luckily, the Easter bunny FINALLY found a cute hooded towel that was both big and thick enough to suit Mommy's tastes, and Erin thinks it is hilarious.
 Meet Ariel.  Ariel is proof that Mommy should never underestimate Elise's ability to do ANYTHING.  After watching several other kids miss the bowl while tossing the ping pong ball, and after thinking of all the wild throws Elise has made throughout her 4 years, I decided that I would let Elise try her hand at hitting the bowl and winning a fish (certain that I wouldn't have to do anything but console my little 'loser').  In the end, I had to buy $16 worth of goldfish supplies, and reluctantly make a home for Ariel.  Elise is so clever that she names her fish after a mermaid.  And I have definitely learned a lesson: no more carnival games in which Elise could win a live animal.
 Elise has been getting steadily better with her art.  I think she is going to have her Daddy's talent.  Though I am a little bummed at the bellies she added to her Daddy and me when she drew this family portrait.
Nine months!  WHAT?!  That seems like such a big number on the "months" scale.  She is rolling everywhere, and gets up on all fours, but still no crawling.  She claps, she waves bye-bye, and she squeals constantly, but she doesn't say anything other than Dada. 
 I thought to myself the other day how funny it was that the pediatrician had me so concerned about the fact that she was slow to start giggling.  It's amusing, because Erin is one happy kid.  She laughs at everything.  Elise is very good at entertaining her, and even something as silly as something falling off the table can tickle her.
She is FINALLY getting a little tooth on bottom.  Her top gums are swollen, too, so she just might end up with multiple teeth all at once.  It's about time!

No comments: