As we were getting ready for another big day of packing and moving (do you have any idea how much stuff a family of four accumulates in 5 years?? I sure didn't!), I had to take a moment to snap a few pictures of the girls in front of the only home they've known.
I've been a lot more nostalgic about the move than I expected to be when we put the house on the market. I think of things like bringing both the girls home from the hospital to this house. I think about all the firsts that the girls have had here--and the firsts that we've had as a family here.
I moved 5 times before I started kindergarten, and then moved six times from the day I left home to the day we moved into this house. Never, in all of those moves, did I ever feel so sad to leave a place. Our neighborhood has been ideal for a family. Our house has been so good to us. But, it's time to go.
We're under contract on our next home, and we're all very excited about it. We've wanted to move closer to Springfield for quite some time, and the new house is located in the area we want to be in: Strafford.
But before we go, maybe, just maybe, Erin will give me one more "first" for our house on Brook Hills Drive and quit faking me out on walking. I'd love it if she started walking this week before we turned the key one last time.
It's been a wonderful adventure, 260 Brook Hills Drive! I hope we're as blessed at our next home as we were in this one.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment