Monday, April 14, 2014

A New Reality

Elise getting her "baby fix" with Claire
 A few weeks ago, we made a BIG decision for our family: I quit my steady paying job in favor of starting my own business.  There were many reasons that went into making this decision, but the main ones were my desire to try something different, and the opportunity to spend more time with my kids.  Last week was my first full week at home (I took a week to just spend time with the kids before starting the new business--more on that on another post.)
Jack trying out the hose with Uncle Sean
My attempt at getting the 4 kids in one pic.
 It was a great adventure of a week.  I spent Monday and Wednesday just hanging with the girls.  Mom and I took them shopping for Easter dresses on Tuesday.  On Thursday I volunteered to watch my niece and nephew while Amanda ran some errands.  Friday, Amanda and I took the girls and Jack to see Uncle Sean at the station and to open swim at Doling Park.  

I was diligent in working with Elise each day on her letters and numbers so we could continue preparing for kindergarten this fall.  I also taught her to tie her shoes, which made both of us proud.  I am going to have to get on that wonderful online pin board to find some other ideas for educational activities that are appropriate for both a 5 year old and an almost-2 year old.  

The weekend brought with it Color Me Rad.  Cara and I participated for the second time this year.  Last year we were better prepared and it was way colder, so we were motivated to run most of it.  This year it was gorgeous, and neither of us had trained, so we just walked it.  It was a good time as always.  I didn't get a good "after" pic of us--the selfie we took didn't do justice to the color we were rocking!
 Sean volunteered for the event, and Hannah snapped this adorable picture of him "to the rescue", helping a kiddo with a skinned knee.  She texted me the pic while Cara and I were walking and it warmed my heart.  He makes me proud!


No comments: