Thursday, June 19, 2014

Father's Day Musings

These girls...they have my heart!
I sort of failed father's day when it came to photographs.  I did get one of the girls with Sean, and some of Sean with his dad and his grandpa, but after that I didn't get my camera back out.  I do want to take a moment to give a shout out to all the amazing dads in our lives, though.
Elise's cheeseface--I don't know.
Sean.  No lies (and this isn't news to him, either) that I wasn't sure if he was ready to be a dad when we started trying for a baby.  The man had only held one baby at that point in his life, and that was by force.  The first diaper he changed was Elise's when we were in the hospital.  But he took to fatherhood like he was meant to be a dad.  Elise adores him, and Erin loves him to pieces, too.  He works hard to provide for his family, he makes sure to spend plenty of quality time playing with the girls, and he is definitely the "fun" parent most of the time!
Sean, his dad Mike, and the girls
Mike, Sean's grandpa Dave, Sean and the girls
The next dad in our lives that I want to say a big "Thank You" to would be my dad, Link.  I am thankful that my husband gets along with him so well and respects his opinions as much as I do.  Dad never pushes--he always lets us make our own decisions--but he is diligent in being there for us and supporting us.  Even when we do something "crazy" like moving one town away from him! :)  It's been so much fun watching him be a Popa to the girls.

Mike, Sean's dad, is another dad that means so much to us.  We have so much fun when we spend time with him--camping, trips, and holidays are always special with Mike.  The girls love to use him as a jungle gym, and he makes a good Papoo.  Elise always has a great time when they go on their "special days". 

Terry is Sean's step-dad.  He is steady as a rock, patient with our antics, and a fantastic PawPaw to the girls.  He likes to teach them things (imagine that from a retired teacher!) and they like to learn from him and spend time with him.  

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there, but a special "I love you" to the fathers who are near and dear to MY heart!

No comments: