Saturday, August 9, 2014

Kindergarten is Coming

6 weeks old
 This sweet little baby girl is starting Kindergarten this week.  I'm pretty sure I'm not one of those moms that is going to sob on the first day (but that day isn't quite here yet, so we'll see!)
1 Year Old
 However, as I sat this afternoon and watched her playing with her toys without a care in the world, I did start thinking about how it seemed like a blink of an eye between bringing her home from the hospital to sending her off to Kindergarten.
2 Years Old
 The girl tests me, there is no doubt about that.  Since before she could talk, she has been very opinionated, full of drama, and SO sassy.
3 Years Old
 But these aren't the traits that define her.  She is silly, loves to make people laugh, so friendly to everyone, is sensitive to others, and is a huge animal lover (aside from spiders).
4 Years Old
I am so anxious to see what her first year in school brings: the things she will learn, the friends she will make, and the experiences she will have.  She is so excited, but also a little nervous, too.  She wants to ride the bus to school, but did decide that on the first day, Daddy and Mommy better take her to her class.
5 Years Old
 Big things are ahead for you, Elise Joann.  We are already so proud of you and can't wait to see what your future holds!

***NEXT WEEK: First day of school pictures!!!***

No comments: