Well, our little bean is growing like a weed (or so my weekly email reminder tells me) and is about the size of an avocado. Mommy feels a more appropriate measurement at this point is a cantaloupe, but I know that it's only going to get worse :)
Before I reveal the belly picture, I'd like to share a word about belly pics. For me, personally, I hate belly pics. I always think "do I really look that fat?!" when I see the pic, and it always gets me started on concern for my pregnancy weight gain (that has been the case with BOTH my pregnancies, despite the fact that I am doing very well this time around and am still at about -2lbs from start weight). However, I am really concerned about being fair to this baby, so since I did it with Elise, I am doing it with BabyJ2.
Before I reveal the belly picture, I'd like to share a word about belly pics. For me, personally, I hate belly pics. I always think "do I really look that fat?!" when I see the pic, and it always gets me started on concern for my pregnancy weight gain (that has been the case with BOTH my pregnancies, despite the fact that I am doing very well this time around and am still at about -2lbs from start weight). However, I am really concerned about being fair to this baby, so since I did it with Elise, I am doing it with BabyJ2.
Stats for 4 months pregnant:
- We find out in 2 weeks on February 16th (what a great bday present for Mommy!) what BabyJ2 is, as long as the little bean is cooperative. I have read many tricks, and plan to employ any and all as needed, to make sure that this Type A Mommy is able to plan!
- Daddy, Elise, and pretty much everyone else thinks we're having another girl. Mommy stands alone (except for a couple of her friends, who she suspects are just humoring her) in her belief that we'll have a boy. Her only reason for thinking its a boy is because this pregnancy has been opposite in every way possible from the pregnancy with Elise. We'll see.
- Name debates are in full-swing. And by full-swing, I mean that we all have our own ideas, and no one can agree on anything. Elise is determined that "her" baby girl will be named Mella. Daddy and Mommy are much more undecided on girl names. As for a boy name, we're a little more decisive, but I think that is only because Sean is so convinced the baby is a girl!
- There aren't really any solid pregnancy cravings this time around. I go in waves. I was on a huge grape kick. Then I went on a round of McD's biscuits (BAD CRAVING). There were two weeks when I was dying for ballpark nachos, but being as how I couldn't find any, that craving quickly passed. Now I am feeling applesauce and goldfish crackers call to me. The waves do keep it interesting, though. With Elise all I wanted were McAlister's (yes, that specific) pickles and Simply Orange OJ.
1 comment:
That is one cute little Vanna! And taking it that your are still in the negatives from your pre-pregnancy weight... that is amazing. My body packs on the pounds IMMED!
Post a Comment