Saturday, May 26, 2012

Cousins and 8 months

I don't like for the pregnancy posts to be all about me, because let's face it--these pics aren't pretty anymore :) So I am going to start this post with two of my favorite kiddos! Link stayed the night with us last night while his Mommy and Daddy were at their annual horse ride/camp out in Chadwick. This is the first time in ages that I've kept Link and he and Elise GOT ALONG! They played together really well, and had a ton of fun! It was likely the last time I will keep Link overnight for a while since I've got another one coming soon, so it was fun for me, too! I love that little guy! And he even had fun with Uncle Sean (who he usually watches with a cautious eye for some reason).

Now...on to the pregnancy details.Ahhhh, pregnancy. Each phase in the pregnancy is to be treasured and adored by the mother-to-be, right? Look, I want to make very clear that I feel tremendously blessed to be able to have one health daughter that I carried myself, and to be carrying another healthy one now. But pregnancy is not a "magical time" for me. I am not one of those "glowing mothers" who loves pregnancy. In fact, I really don't like it. I took my obligatory "month milestone" picture (3 days late, because it took me that long to build up the tolerance for it), but that is another fake smile because at this point, I've had it. I want to be able to hug my husband straight-on. I want to be able to hold my daughter on my lap while tying her shoes. I want to be able to eat sushi and have a drink! Just a matter of weeks, though.

8 month stats:
  • I have 6 weeks and 4 days until delivery. Yes, the countdown is on!
  • Swelling has stayed about the same this month--bad enough that I can't wear my rings, but not so bad that it sticks around even after I prop my feet up for a while. With the heat of late, this is a tremendous blessing.
  • Blood pressure remains steady, which is a GREAT thing because at this point in my pregnancy with Elise, it was starting to creep up.
  • I am having trouble sleeping. Rolling this beast of a belly from one side to another is a struggle, and really the only way I feel comfortable is propped up with a million pillows...which make me hot. I know, waahhh.
  • The baby is still measuring big--at the last appointment, though, her growth had slowed a bit, mercifully. She's only measuring a week "bigger" than she should be (at last two appts, she was measuring two weeks bigger, and the OB told me I should be prepared to "hurt" until delivery due to her size.
  • Elise has been talking to the baby and about the baby a LOT since the showers. She hadn't mentioned the name Mella in months, but we had this conversation a few days ago:
Elise: "Mommy, my baby sister is name Erin."
Me: "Yeah, I know. Are you excited for her to get here?"
Elise (ignoring my question in true 3yo fashion): "Her name is not Mella."
Me: "No, that isn't her name. But it can be her nickname. If you want to call her that sometimes, that is fine."
Elise: "NO, Mommy. Her name is Erin. Not Mella."

I have no idea why this popped into her head, but my guess is someone asked her if she was still naming her baby sister Mella and it ticked her off!

I am absolutely thrilled to report that the next "month milestone" pic will be the last because I will be about to deliver! Can't wait to meet my girl (and to NOT be pregnant again!)

No comments: