Thursday, May 17, 2012

Work Shower

I feel like I've been saying it a lot, but it is true! I am SO BLESSED! My wonderful coworkers threw me a beautiful shower, despite my reservations about it with this being my second child and another girl to boot. I am so glad that they insisted because it was such a great time and Erin got some good stuff that will help temper all the hand-me-downs she will get to have!
As I am sure you can see, the swelling remains. I am pretty sure it is here to stay. But I am still fairly comfortable overall as long as I am in an air conditioned environment!
Here, I am checking out Elise's "Big Sister" gift. One of my coworkers made sure Elise didn't feel left out when I came home carrying all these gifts for the baby. She got Elise a memo pad, stickers, and a cute tote.
Some of those fantastic coworkers I was telling you about!

When asked what kind of cake I wanted, it was no question: Carrot Cake! I don't get it often, so I was excited that they obliged. It was a beautiful cake, and tasty too!
Me with some of my wonderful hostesses. There were actually three other gals who played a big part in planning, too, and they made some yummy food and made me feel very special! So lucky to work with these ladies!
I confess that I am very partial to this quilt. One of the women I work with, Kim, was so incredibly nice to let me HELP make this quilt for Erin. That's right, people, I had a hand in this! Definitely not a crafty hand (she did all the sewing and quilting), but a hand nonetheless. Kim brought me a bazillion scraps and told me to pick 10-15 of my favorite patterns. Then, she took one of her lunch breaks with me to let me lay out this quilt. I was so happy with how it turned out and I am so excited that I will be able to tell Erin that I helped with one of her quilts!

Eight more weeks until Erin gets here and is able to USE all the great stuff we got!

2 comments:

Frank and Natalie said...

I LOVE that quilt!

Unknown said...

That quilt is STUNNING!