Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sprinkle

Saturday was my "sprinkle". I really hesitated to allow any parties for Baby Erin since she was my second child AND another girl, but I am glad that Larissa talked me into it. As I was looking up "etiquette for showers for a second baby", I discovered a "sprinkle" idea. The idea was that you just invite your close friends and that it is lower key than "first child showers". I sent the idea to her and agreed to go with that.
Elise was a GREAT big sister. She had taken a Big Sister class at St. John's that morning (I didn't even think to take my camera--I am a good mom like that), and I think she was still feeling the good Big Sister vibes because she was a huge help at the shower. She loved opening all of Erin's presents for her! Daddy and I had got her a "big sister present" of Disney Princess dinnerware and new jammies, plus a few friends brought her treats, so she got to feel special, too.
We allowed the guys to come after the shower and had a fun BBQ as a thank you to everyone, but again, forgot to get the camera out for that. (Forgive my brain for being a little slow lately--I think my belly is stealing the blood supply). Big, huge thanks to all of my sweet friends who made it, and of course to Larissa for planning it all out for Erin and me.
Just a really fast cute "Big Sister" story about Elise: this afternoon, when we got home, she asked me to carry her into the house. As I picked her up, she accidentally kicked my belly. She reached down and patted it and said "So sorry, Baby Erin." When I explained that Baby Erin was in my belly and well-protected, she said "I still have to say sorry for kicking her." I hope it's always that easy for them to get along :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the fact that she called her Erin is a huge step too! Was it Mella she called her for a long time? She's going to be a fab big sister.

The Jackson Family said...

Jordan--Yes, Mella was the name Elise had picked out from the moment she figured out I was pregnant. But she's been on board with Erin for about a month or so :)